-
March 2nd, 2006, 09:14 PM
#1
Inactive Member
Im from Hollywood
Andy Kaufman for the short time he was on this earth, and for his short stint in wrestling might have been one of the truly greatest "characters" ever, and maybe the best one of the best "heels" in wrestling history. This guy was bigger than wrestling at a time when it wasnt very popular and he gave it more media attention than anyone else before him. The guy was truly wierd, though he was also brilliant. Some of the gags and controversial stunts he pulled, mostly on LIVE TV none the less will probably never be matched by anyone else.
I remember watching the "Im from Hollywood" documentry a long time ago on comedy central. Id love to see that again. Also a few days ago I watched Man on the Moon again. Does anyone know how accurate that movie is? I know the last scene was just meant as a gag. Though there are some that still think hes alive. Which actually is a good thought, brings a grin to my face.
Also, on July 28, 1982. The day I was born was one of the most funnest, yet shocking things to ever happen on live TV. That was the "infamous" Letterman "slap" between Kaufman and Jerry Lawler.
-
March 2nd, 2006, 09:20 PM
#2
Inactive Member
Re: Im from Hollywood
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ODqoLP8ej...rch=kaufman%20
For anyone who doesnt know what Im talkin about. Too bad they leave out a few of the funniest parts.
-
March 3rd, 2006, 02:03 PM
#3
Inactive Member
Re: Im from Hollywood
I know what you are talking about. He played an excellent heel. I liked him and that big girl he had to wrestle, that was good stuff. Maybe you should go smack the King at the wrestling event next week, and say that is for Andy. Bet you won't.
-
March 3rd, 2006, 03:47 PM
#4
Inactive Member
Re: Im from Hollywood
lol nah I like the King. All of it was "setup" anyways. Andy just playing another role, for the longest time people thought what happened on Letterman was legit. Though it was just another stunt. Looked real to me though. haha
-
March 3rd, 2006, 07:44 PM
#5
Inactive Member
Re: Im from Hollywood
SHUT YOUR LYING MOUTH!!!!!!! Wrestlin is real [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks